Sunday, September 03, 2006

late summer bloom
















Pencil and acrylics on 10 x 7 in canvas paper.

It's been a warm sunny September day, and the last day of my two week summer break before returning to work tomorrow. I was wondering what to do with myself while Paul watched the Brazil v Argentina friendly and he said, "Why don't you paint a sunflower?" So I did. This is only the second time I've tried painting with acrylics and I absolutely loved it, not least because mistakes are so easy to paint over! If you'd like to see the different steps of how this painting came to be, please scroll down. Thanks.



7 comments:

HARDWAX said...

Enjoy looking at the preliminary work for your sunflower-beautiful. Daisies and sunflowers, I love-they are summer.

Teri said...

Beautiful! Love that you showed the steps to the end result.

AscenderRisesAbove said...

interesting results; i kind of like the half-done ones too. you can tell it is late in the summer

Katie McKenna said...

Simply wonderful!

winnsangels said...

Wonderful colours. Great 2nd acrylic.

Anonymous said...

beautiful results and interesting to follow the steps.

Melissa Connolly said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love seeing the process you went through to create it! Thanks!