Saturday, June 21, 2008
Scroll down further for baby Jake's first gifts, from his wonderful fairy godmother in Nipomo.
I'm loving the tie dye look!! Thank you Changa!!
Here is one photo of the day we moved in, clutching my beach ball belly. Even though I didn't do any lifting, it was still exhausting. More photos to come soon.
Friday, June 06, 2008
It's a rainy Friday evening and I just spotted this meme on na's blog, so decided to play along...
10 years ago I was 26 years old, renting an overpriced room about as big as a walk in cupboard that didn't even have it's own toilet. Everything was in one room, my single bed, a desk, a wardrobe, a shower, a two-ring electric cooker and a fridge. It was off the Portobello Road in Notting Hill. The walls were so thin I could hear everything my next door neighbours did and said. I hardly cooked because the smell of it would linger for days. So I visited the local chip shop far too often. I didn't think it was cool at all, it was dingy and depressing and my first taste of living alone in London. I despaired of ever finding anywhere affordable and decent to live by myself in London and definitely never imagined that in 10 years time I'd be expecting a baby. 10 years ago I probably didn't even want children.
5 things on my to do list
- Finish packing!
- Send out change of address cards to people not on email
- Buy some newborn baby clothes, nappies and a Moses basket before we move, just in case
- See the Hammershoi exhibition with Mad
- Go to the Psycho Buildings exhibition at the Hayward
Things I'd do if I was a billionaire
- Give millions of it away to good causes, I hate the idea of being that rich. Anyone that rich has probably had to exploit a lot of people to get that way.
- Use some of the money towards building a green home and setting up some sort of sustainable living / permaculture scheme to grow organic food for local communities
- Set up a fund so that such schemes could be set up all over the UK
- Put money away for my baby's future
Three bad habits
- Irritable when I am tired
- Very judgemental of noisy people
- Buying too many books that then go unread
5 places I've lived in the past
- Jerusalem, Israel
- Damascus, Syria
- Long Island, New York, USA
- Rawalpindi, Pakistan
- Nicosia, Cyprus
5 jobs I've had
- bit part in a Cypriot chocolate commercial
- envelope stuffer
- substitute ESOL teacher in a family hostel
Have a great weekend. I probably won't be posting anymore till after we've moved house.
P.S. The photo above was taken last summer, during a walk through Kensington Gardens where I found some fallen flowers, brought them home and kept them. I made several drawings of them once they had dried and I still have those dried flowers today!