Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Burning heart with peas ('tis better to have crashed than to have stayed in the garage)





























This is for my pea lover...who likes to try and sneak stray peas into places where peas don't belong (like custard, shoes, belly buttons, soft furnishings, stir fries, sandwiches, tea, water bottles, Hank Williams' nostrils, Johnny Cash songs and the bath tub). Mind you, that's the worst thing I can say about my lovely Paul. I'll put up with that thank you very much. He didn't want a card for Valentine's Day, and neither did I. We don't need a "Special Day" or a commercially made greeting card or chocolates to say I love you and all that shrubbery. We have chocolate and shrubbery every day. But I did want to draw something. So here it is.

I crashed into a burning heart with peas, I went down, down, down, but the peas they outdid me and they burned burned burned, those big green peas, those big green peas...

For my lovely Paul, pastels on black card.

12 comments:

HARDWAX said...

I like peas to, but sounds like Paul is a pea fanatic [I wonder if he likes pea soup? yuck].
I like each one of these, your pastel work is great and lucky Paul!
i like the words you inserted for Johnny cash's Ring Of Fire-fun and catchy!

Valaine said...

Bold, animated strokes filled with passion, color and peas! ^___^ I love the colors!

Michelle said...

Great vibrant colours. Lots of movement, and of coarse, peas.

Scott Wright said...

These are great paintings! Love the colours.

Caroline B. said...

Superexpressive, that's what you are! Explosive expressive!

Teri said...

What a great explosion of colors!!

Anonymous said...

The colors and their movement just jump right out and grab you. Excellent job on this weeks theme.
a.
P.S...its good to be back! Thanks for stopping by.
:)

ann said...

Gorgeous pastel work. And your colors make me want to dig out those pastels and try, try again.

Melissa Connolly said...

I love the colors - They add so much movement to it! Great story and great peas!

Anonymous said...

I like the color and the explosive movement.

Anonymous said...

sweet. my girls used to get into pea fights.... those were not so sweet, ;-)

Kim de Young said...

Peas to you and your funny friend.. your story is sweet, and made me chuckle. The artwork is lovely and passionate.