Sunday, February 11, 2007

Back from Mexico!












I'm back from Mexico, where we had a fantastically colourful and possibly the best holiday I've had for some time. We saw tons of art, including numerous Diego Rivera murals, and visited Frida's Blue House, amongst other things. I don't think I've ever been to so many galleries and museums in my life. We also spent some time in Oaxaca City and managed a few days on the beach as well!

This is an ink and watercolour drawing I made of a portrait by Jose Luis Cuevas, one of my favourite Mexican artists.

Also liked the work of the Spanish painter Remedios Varo, who later lived and worked in Mexico. Some of her paintings reminded me a little of Ros Foster's work.

I didn't do as much drawing as I would have liked in Mexico, but I have come back with a few ideas for drawings inspired by the trip which I hope to complete in the next few weeks. Plus, I took loads of photos which I'll be posting to my photo blog soon.

6 comments:

Teri said...

Sounds like WONDERFUL vacation. Am anxious to see what you paint from this experience. Love the bright colors of Mexico.

shadows and clouds said...

sounds wonderful! good to hear you had a great time! looking forward to seeing and hearing more of your adventures! hugs!

Caroline B. said...

Hello Heartful! Great to have you back. I'm really looking forward to see your work inspired by your trip. You certainly have changed a lot those month I was away, you have tree blogs now, right? Will investigate them all! Hugs!

arvindh said...

Great to see you again! Looking forward to more Art and pics!

Melissa Connolly said...

Sounds like a wonderful trip and I can't wait to see the photos! I love this monotone drawing! Welcome back!

Susan Schwake said...

i am simply green with envy! but SO happy to hear this little tour! it must have been WONDERFUL!
thanks for sharing...