Saturday, April 05, 2008

All the squares!!

So I finally finished knitting all 56 squares for my baby blanket. Now I just need to sew them together!!

Here are all the squares laid out in the design I want to use. I had to change the layout slightly from the earlier design, as I ran out of wool for certain colours and had to make more squares in other colours to compensate.

This sewing together looks complicated! Every other square needs to be rotated 90 degrees and I still need to work out which is the "right" side of each square and which is the "wrong" side! They look the same to me! Wish me luck.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best of luck, you can do it! Looks fab, am well impressed! Nice to know that you have poured all your heart and soul into something wonderful like that for a little person! He is a very lucky little chappie already :o)

Mim said...

This is a wonderful blanket; are you going to sew the sqares together or crochet them together? Either way, it's lovely.

Heather said...

Lovely colors!!