Friday, November 20, 2009

Embracing the chaos

I never realised what an utter and absolute control freak I was until I had Jake.  Having him has made me see the flimsy, non-existent logic behind needing to have things a certain way. One of the wonderful things about watching him grow up is the unabashed joy and enthusiasm with which he approaches everything.  Thankfully, it's infections.

One of Jake's FAVOURITE pastimes is to rearrange the contents of our fridge and cupboards - sometimes he systematically takes things off the shelves and puts them back exactly as they were, other times he just likes to throw things all over the kitchen floor, maybe kick them about (especially cherry tomatoes) and then leave them there.  There's still a rogue tomato out there somewhere.  He's oblivious to the concept of mess and cleaning up.  And you know what, that's okay with me. 




Just look how happy he is!! 
Besides, I take perverse pleasure in tidying it all up when he's sleeping.

No comments: