Thursday, March 01, 2007

More "experimental" drawings

Here are yesterday afternoon's "experimental" drawings that I did of my friend Mad. The first three were done in ink. The first was drawn in a single line without taking the pen off the page, the second was drawn blind contour (without looking at the page), the third was drawn both without looking at the page and drawn in a single line, and the fourth was done in willow charcoal with my left hand (the hand I don't usually draw or write with).


































It was great fun experiementing with all these different ways of drawing and I was surprised to learn that I enjoyed the blind contour drawing the most, I liked the freedom of doing it, the excitement of not knowing how it was going to turn out, and I also liked the end result of the blind contour drawing the most.

For more drawings from the day, go here.

No comments: