Thursday, March 22, 2007

Having a go at painting - work in progress


















After not having used my acrylics since painting a picture for my friend Vicky in October last year, I was inspired to try again. So I bought myself some more flowers and pulled my easel out of its dusty box and just started. This needs work until it's "done", but here are the first stages. I'm also going to be starting a painting course soon, done by correspondence with OCA again, the same people I did my drawing course with. The thought of learning to paint scares me, but it's all the more challenging and thrilling for it. I just have to focus on how much I'll have learned by the time I finish the course, and remember how far I've come since I started drawing just 18 months ago. Anyway, I'll be blogging about my journey here.

No comments: