Monday, October 11, 2010

Lotus

So we didn't make it up North.  We all got the lurgy, and it hit Jake quite hard so we cancelled our trip.

Cooped up indoors while the weather was lovely (of course), I started work on my next piece of stitchery...


Tracing the pattern from one of my drawings

I used a 90gsm, non-waxy tracing paper and
Sulky Iron On Transfer Pen to retrace this image
on the reverse side of the paper


Preparing to transfer onto fabric



Even using the transfer pen, some of the lines were still faint
But it worked better than last time

I went over the fainter parts with the transfer pen,
drawing directly onto the fabric


On the hoop

My progress to date


3 comments:

Glovecat said...

Wow, I love it! Love the blocks of colour and can't wait to see the finished product! So you're really getting into embroidery (I prefer your term stitchery), eh? And what's great is that you have loads of beautiful artwork to transform into needlework! x

nà from the treehouse said...

Fab!!! It looks such an exciting thing to be working on, and really like how it looks already! Please let us see the finished work!

Hugs xxx

Anonymous said...

what a fabulous idea! they look gorgeous!