Thursday, January 07, 2010

7.1.10

Snow has turned to ice. We are down to the last pack of baby wipes, squeeze of toothpaste, carton of soy milk, two slices of bread. The friend I’d been upset with apologised and we’ve been emailing, but something’s changed for me. She reminded me that she’s done a lot of kind things which I shouldn’t forget. But I just want people in my life I can rely on. I think I deserve that. Another friend wrote to say she’s feeling utterly lost. Maybe it’s the sign of the times. Maybe we are all disconnected. Maybe we are all lonely.


3 comments:

Glovecat said...

Hmm. Difficult times. We all seem so connected on "social networking" sites, our mobiles never out of reach, and so on, but how much face to face friendship are we getting?

The photo is intriguing. It looks like someone is falling from a great height. Scary!

shadows and clouds said...

I tend to think that you're somewhat right about the sign of the times... :(

The photo is fab, it has to be something to do with the central court roof at the British Museum, right?

I can't wait to see you next.

Hugs xxx

Heartful said...

The photo is from an art installation that was on at The Hayward a while ago. It was basically a giant plastic bubble and you could climb onto the top of it.