Friday, March 19, 2010

My first strip (comic that is)...

I've been working on this on and off for two days.  I managed to finish it tonight since Paul and Jake both went to bed uncharacteristically early.  After finishing my 100 Days project, I realised that this is what I want to do next.  It's going to be a lot more time consuming than taking 10 minutes a day to do an unplanned, spontaneous drawing.  It's going to take hard work and lots of practice, and I'm really looking forward to it.  I'm not going to be able to do one of these every day, but I would like to start up another 100 days project soon which will hopefully improve my drawing.  I think it will be about drawing faces or people every day, as that's something I really ♥ struggle ♥ with. 

I was going to learn to use the scanner at long last but discovered that my current sketchbook is larger than the scanner, so will have to keep on posting photos of drawings instead.  Click on the photo for a larger version.

I'm learning so would appreciate any comments, advice, suggestions for improvement.  Thank you!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely love it. :) A 100 days of faces would be brilliant too. Glad Jake's on the mend. Skip x

nà from the treehouse said...

I really really love this! I love the effect it gives, fabulous, also because it doesn't seem like it's trying to imitate anyone else's style, but is really your own and is fab!
the effect of the felt pen and finer pen on the window scene is particularly nifty, it made me feel it in 3D for a moment!

Yay, fab work, can't wait to see more of them!

And glad to hear that Jake is feeling better!

xxx

Siobhan said...

this is super! Well done! The more you practice, the easier you'll find structuring them and stuff...look forward to seeing more! Siobhan x