Monday, August 23, 2010

21.8.10 ~ 100 word diary (on being happy)

The joys of co-sleeping

This is what happened last night as the three of us were falling asleep together.
Jake chats and asks me to “sing songs”. It’s our nightly ritual.

Me to Paul: Jake speaks so well now. He’s just turned two and he speaks so well.

Jake: Yes!

(A pause)

Jake: Shawame me. Beeg. Outside. Shawalowose. Trees. All day.

Me to Paul: I have no idea what he just said.

(A pause)

Jake: Mummy happy?

Me: Yes, I’m happy darling.

Jake: Daddy happy?

Paul: Yes, Daddy’s happy.

Jake: Mummy Daddy happy. Mummy Jake happy.

That I understood.

2 comments:

nà from the treehouse said...

I am swooning big time over just how adorable and gigglesome that conversation is! I'm so glad that you're making a record of these things that Jake says - I'm sure he'll love them when he's older!!!

xxx

affectioknit said...

Such sweet memories!