Saturday, August 28, 2010

28.8.10 ~ 200 word diary (pleading pays off...)

Yesterday Jake signed and asked for chocolate cake. I told him we didn’t have any. (We really didn’t have any.) He signed and asked for it again. I told him we didn’t have any. “Just one”, he said, holding up one finger. I told him we really didn’t have any. “Just one, just one, chocate cake, chocate cake!” I hugged him and told him we didn’t have any. Then he mimed eating and went, “hmmmm, nom, nom, nom, cake!” I laughed, hugged him and said, “I know what you mean Jake, but we really don’t have any, I’m sorry darling.” Luckily he was happy to be distracted with hugs and kisses. But right now, there are vegan chocolate fudge and blueberry brownies cooling in the kitchen. I hope they turn out okay because I made them by taking two different recipes and cobbling together the bits I thought sounded good. Smells good, looks good. Just have to see if they’re nom nom nom.

And here are photos of Jake & I playing House. A game of Jake’s invention, it involves getting under a blanket and making silly faces at each other. The introduction of a camera made it extra interesting!



P.S. For those of you who aren’t aware, there’s a fab website called Picnik where you can upload your photos and apply all kinds of fancy effects at the click of a button. You can also make collages like the one above. It is SO easy and totally free. They aren’t paying me to endorse them or anything, I just love them.

No comments: