Saturday, January 15, 2011

15th January ~ 100 word diary

Been having flashbacks reading the ignorant and defensive comments my brother’s getting on Facebook after having posted that he’s going vegan. He’s been inspiring me though and as soon as the meat in our fridge is eaten (2 bacon slices and 1 smoked mackerel fillet), I’m going back to vegetarianism, for a while anyway. Just made a gorgeous smoked mackerel risotto with spinach and peas served with a squeeze of lime juice. In other news, I finally started on my Nighttime Stories Fiction Project notebook today. One page down, 99 to go! All those empty pages are giving me palpitations.

2 comments:

Beautiful Day said...

Can't believe your brother is getting negative support about being vegan! Aren't the people on facebook his friends?? Maybe the comments are people showing concern. He should start a blog - bloggers are supportive!

I've been a raw foodist for 16 days now and am loving it! I wish your brother, and you, success and happiness with your new diets! xx

Heartful said...

You'd be surprised Wendy!! Even friends and family are capable of being defensive and negative. Some people don't like to have to look too closely at their own habits or have them challenged in any way. So they respond by being negative instead of with an open mind.