Saturday, January 22, 2011

22nd January ~ a stone for the river

washing my hair with Johnson's baby shampoo
the smell of childhood fills the shower

~

Later, Jake watches kittens dancing on youtube 
They dance to children singing
I’ve got the joy joy joy joy joy down in my heart (miaow)

Down in my heart (miaow)
Down in my heart (miaow)
I’ve got the joy joy joy joy joy down in my heart (miaow)
Down in my heart to stay

It becomes our unintended anthem for the rest of the day
escaping our lips in whistles
sung quietly while washing up and
filtering into my mind during the relaxation
at the end of yoga

3 comments:

Laura said...

such a comforting scent:)

Ella said...

Nice, I love baby products. Their scent evokes wonderful memories.

What type of yoga did you do?
I need to go do some...did some the other day, still sore~

Heartful said...

Hi Ella, the yoga I do is called vinyasa flow.