Friday, June 11, 2010

11.6.10 ~ on listening to your instincts

Against my instinct, went back to scary church playgroup today and it was even worse than last time. Not only were we completely ignored, the children were particularly unruly and terrifying. One parent even handled Jake unnecessarily roughly, grabbing him by the chest and pulling him back when he got in her way playing near the door. I couldn’t even bring myself to say anything. I was so creeped out I could barely focus on Jake. Luckily he loves shops at the moment so we stayed as long as I could bear it then escaped to Sainsbury’s. Shudder. Never again.

2 comments:

scribblingmum said...

Gosh, that sounds horrible. Can't believe someone actually man-handled Jake, that's terrible. As you say, trust your instincts and steer well clear. Sainsbury's is a happy place, stick to there on rainy Fridays! Have a good weekend.

Anonymous said...

I used to go to a group like that too. DON'T go back. It's always worse than you remember.
You'll find a group that's right for you and Jake. Don't worry.
Storytime at our local library is a good one. A book and an activity. Perfect.