Sunday, June 27, 2010

Weekend Diary

26 & 27 June 2010

Got back to yoga class after a month off. Even Hayley’s gentle classes are challenging. But always rewarding. It always amazes me that after years of doing yoga and doing a particular posture, one word or adjustment from her and suddenly I get it. Everything falls into place and my practice deepens even more. Paul took Jake to play with his cousins and he had just dropped off when they got home, then woke up again on the way to his bed. I couldn’t get him to nap and Mr super-toddler stayed up till 10pm without any sign of grumpiness.

Took Jake to Highbury Fields but it was crowded and the water fountain wasn’t working so we went to the park near Russell Square instead. I’d forgotten it was there, but it’s a gorgeous peaceful park with lots of shade and a fab water fountain and not as many children. I often think Jake prefers parks to playgrounds so this was ideal. He ran around with glee, waving at dogs and horses and eventually braved the fountain. Once he got started, he didn’t want to come out. He fell asleep on the way home, moments after asking for his sunglasses.

 


No comments: